This year Erika started kindergarten. She is in the morning class and her teacher is Mrs. Erickson. It is kind of a joke because they only go for 2 hours and on Wednesdays they get out 15 minutes early. I remember kindergarten lasting 4 hours when I was little! It is nice for both Erika and Lexi though to have a break from each other if only for a couple hours! School started the last week in August and before that we got to go over to the school and meet her teacher and see her classroom. Her teacher had a scavenger hunt of places she had to find around the room so she would be better acquainted with her surroundings on the first day.
The night before school we painted fingernails and set out clothes and got her backpack ready. She was so excited for school to start! Erika is NOT a morning person and usually it takes forever to get her out of bed but not that morning! I think she got up before my alarm even went off!

We got to school a little early and walked her in and took pictures in front of her classroom.

And then another picture of her at her desk.

What I failed to get a picture of was Lexi sitting at the table next to her sister. She thought for sure she was going to be able to stay at school. She pulled up a chair and started to reach for the crayons to start coloring! The only thing I could bribe her with to get her to leave without a big scene was that we would go get some doughnuts for breakfast. On the second day of school when we dropped off Erika we were driving up our street and Lexi says "Where are we going" and I tell her we are going home to which she replies "No, we need to go get doughnuts. I don't go to school so I get a doughnut" smart girl!
Erika is loving school and was really bummed that they didn't send home homework the first week. Now that we are 3 weeks into school she isn't so fond of the homework anymore! I still can't believe that my baby girl is in school. She is loving it though and I am loving that Lexi can play by herself nicely for a couple hours everyday!
2 comments:
Her hair and outfit are so adorable! She's a little fashionista!
You can't believe she is in school... I can't believe I have 3 grandkids in school. Where has the time gone ?
Post a Comment