My Mom was here for a couple weeks and my Dad flew up and drove home with her so he was able to meet his newest granddaughter when she was barely 1 week old.
Trent had a birthday and turned 32 years old! The girls had fun going to the store and picking out gifts for him and then coming home and wrapping them and giving him the cards they wrote for him. We had tin foil dinners and his favorite blueberry dessert to eat and then opened presents.
A couple weeks ago Erika decided to give her self a back to school haircut. Lucky us...just in time for school pictures! She blamed it on Lexi for a while and after we gave her the "Jesus knows if you are lying" and "If you tell us the truth you won't get in trouble" speeches she gave in and started crying saying she did it. Her defense was that she only cut off a little. To which I replied...no you only left a little bit of hair. Why is it that kids always cut their bangs? Why can't they cut the back of their hair where it is easier to hide! Nothing like bangs that are like an inch long!
The Utah County Fair came to Spanish Fork so we headed down to partake of the carny goodness. The girls had a blast riding the rides. The best part was that since Lexi was short they would let Trent or I ride the rides with her for free.
Erika was not a fan of the Merry Go Round. It went really slow and the ride lasted for forever! She got so bored with it!
I can't do spinning rides like I used to...the spinning strawberries made me nauseous for the rest of the night!
This was Lexi's favorite ride!
Checking out the little pony.
After the carnival we hit up our favorite snow cone shack in town. They have the best flavors and ice and you can seriously get a snow cone as big as your head for like $2 we opt for the cheaper smaller ones though!
1. When she gets really hungry at night she moves her head back and forth really fast and snorts....it's the cutest thing ever!
2. She is our only child that actually likes to be mummy wrapped! We tried swaddling our other two but they would just cry and thrash around until they were free. Not this one....wrap her up good and tight and she is asleep within seconds!
3. We ran out of newborn size diapers so I started using size 1 that we have and they are HUGE on her. I need to just give in and go buy more newborn size!
4. She cries every time Lexi holds her. I believe she can sense the hellion that is holding her and gets scared!
5. She goes anywhere between 4 - 6 hours in between feedings at night. Who would have guessed that I would call a solid 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep glorious!
We are having somewhat of a little problem with Lexi and Riley. It's like we got a new toy at our house that Lexi can't leave alone. I keep waiting for her to get over it but she will NOT leave her sister alone. The first 2 seconds we left Riley alone in the room Lexi picked her up by her feet and was walking with her. Lexi isn't very soft with her and is always sticking her fingers in her mouth or playing this little piggy and basically ripping off Riley's toes. It will be a miracle if Riley makes it to her 1st birthday with all of her limbs still in tact.
I seriously can't leave the room without either having Riley with me or Lexi with me. It's really frustrating! I don't want Riley to be one of those babies that always has to be held or else she cries but I don't know what else to do!
That is a little update for us! Erika started her first day of kindergarten today so look for that post soon!






1 comment:
Oh my gosh, the image of Lexi holding the baby by her feet and walking just seriously made me sick to my stomach. That poor baby!!! Maybe you need a cage for Lexi?
Post a Comment