• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Thursday, September 4, 2008

This one's for you Lauren...

I know I know...its been awhile since my last post. I am ashamed to admit it but since I have been pregnant I have totally lost the desire to blog...I know its horrible....please don't judge me! It seems like everything is just snowballing down hill. Work is crazy busy, the laundry keeps piling up, our house looks like a tornado hit it, the dishes never seem to end, Erika has decided that she needs to pull every book out of her bookshelf everynight and lay them on the floor so we spend an hour before going to bed cleaning them all up (all 5 million of them) and putting them back away, I am so exhausted that if I don't take a nap when I get home from work then I am struggling to keep my eyes open by 7:30 and want to go to bed, those are just a few of the many.

But on to happier things!! We went camping this past weekend for Labor Day with Trent's family and a couple other Davies' families and extended families. The weather was beautiful (for the most part) the company was great and the food was even better! Sunday night it was extremely windy and kept blowing over our tent so we had to tie it up to a tree...so much for buying a Jeep tough tent! Then it started raining really hard. Raining while camping is totally okay though when the in-laws have a trailer and we all climb in...crank up the heat...and play games and eat candy until we are sick!

When it was time for bed we went out to our tent and it was still dry on the inside so we decided to stick it out. It was fun having all 3 of us laying close and snuggling listening to the rain. Trent and I talked and thought up baby names that we like. Trent got up every like 15 minutes to push the rain off the top that had pooled up but other than that it was just some slight dripping that we could handle. Well the rain didn't let up and it kept raining harder and harder. In the middle of the night the sleeping bags were finally starting to soak through so we decided to make a mad dash with our dry blankets to the trailer. They had made all the beds up in case we had to come back in the middle of the night so we climbed into a nice warm bed and slept the rest of the night away! The next morning we spent huddled in the trailer and when the rain would let up for a little we would all run out and start cleaning up and throwing things in the back of the truck. It was still a fun trip...even though the weather was horrible for the last day!
Let's see what else...I am officially addicted to Sunny D. And if I didn't have so much stuff in my fridge I would dedicate a whole shelf to the stuff. I don't know why (okay so maybe I do know) but I just can't get enough of it. Every morning before I leave for work I fill my big water bottle up with it and its gone by about 9:00.

Lately Trent and I have been asking Erika what she wants to be for Halloween this year and each time she informs us that she wants to be "Blue" this year...not like blue's clues but the actual color blue...so wish us luck. Hopefully she thinks of something a little easier once Halloween gets closer otherwise this is what she will be trick-or-treating this year as:

Now that it is too late to change our minds about having another child Erika has turned into a total stinker. I don't know what happened to our little sweetheart but she is a monster. Always talking back...telling me No when I ask her to do things...giving me the dirtiest looks and rolling her eyes at me when I tell her to sit down and finish her dinner. Oh its a total nightmare. While we were camping I was in the tent with her one night and I asked her like 3 times to come over to me so we could get her jammies on and she kept saying "No Mom" well the last time I asked her to get over here she replied with "Shut up Mom" I am pretty sure I have never ran over faster to the other side of the tent then I did then. That was followed by a huge spanking as well as me telling her that we don't ever talk like that and we don't say that blah blah blah...what a nightmare. I know exactly where she got it from though...me...I am such a horrible example! Our stupid dogs bark all night long though and I am always opening the back door and yelling at them! Won't be doing that anymore! I totally need to watch what I say from now on.

Funny story though...last weekend Trent's good friend Quinn was in town and so we went out to lunch with him and his girlfriend and her two kids and I was sitting next to her little boy who is the same age as Erika and I don't even know what I was talking about but I must have said "Shut up" and I am in the middle of my story and he pulls my chair out and looks up at me with his cute big eyes and whispers "You said shut up...thats naughty" I apologized and told him I shouldn't talk like that and then we all started laughing...it was so cute and innocent!

Okay so this has turned into a long boring...rambling post...sorry! Better posts will come later. I need to take pictures of something I can't remember the last time I got out the camera!

7 comments:

Hill said...

Sounds fun, minus the clean up when you get home. That's the sucky part about camping in the first place, but when you add rain to it...bleah. So I'm behind you 100% on the spanking, you gotta nip that stuff in the bud while they are little. I know that I won't tolerate back-talking very well.

Stephanie Salmon said...

Oh my goodness Emily, maybe my life isn't as bad as I think it is. :) Geez, you sure have a lot to put up with. Good luck with it all!! Nice to get an update on you.

Tyson and Lauren Davies said...

I love the name of the post! But I do feel a little bad. I just knew you must not have been feeling good or were tired cause the blogger of this family fell off the map :)

sounds like erika sure is givivng you a run for your money. Glad to hear you're not allowing her to get away with it. Its amazing what kids pick up from everywhere.

Can't wait to see you guys in October!

Shari Davis said...

I have to say that I just love reading your blog. It sounds like we're kind of going through the same things. Lilli has turned into a major stinker, to include talking back, throwing fits, purposely ignoring me when I ask her to do something, etc etc etc. I've started counting to three to get her to do things, well, the other day, she asked me to do something and when I didn't jump up to do it, she started counting. By the time she got to 8, I figured I would go in and see what she needed. Little sassy pants!!! Anyway, I hope you get your energy up, but make sure you rest. I feel EXACTLY that same way. Sometimes I can't even keep my eyes open I'm so exhausted. Babies are rough!!! I'm thinking of you, and by the way, I think Lilli and Erika would get along great (or maybe not, they both sound really sassy!)!!!!!!! LOL

bre said...

Yeah, that would be funny to have Lilli and Erika together. Who knows, maybe they would get along just great. They might be good for each other to tone each other down. That's funny though (haha, I can laugh because I don't have sassy children). It's okay that your house is "messy." Isn't that when the "it's because I'm pregnant" excuse comes in? It's totally okay! It's good to hear what you've been up to and how you're doing!

Lindsey said...

Don't feel bad about anything... pregnancy is TOO fresh on my mind because I feel for you every time you write about it, you feel soooo tired, it's terrible! Once you have the baby and blog about how you aren't getting any sleep I will empathize then too :) You gotta be grateful too though right? That's what we keep telling ourselves during this stage where we don't want to take our tiny babe anywhere so we are stuck at home bored out of our minds. It's strange having kids, you think they are the cutest things ever or you want to spank their bums...

Josh and Michelle said...

Just wait Em, it gets worse and so much more annoying. Callie argues with me no matter what I say. Josh even one day said Callie the sky is blue and she was like well, actually its kinds gray.AAAAhhh. Sometimes I just want to scream. Bailey always catches me saying naughty words too. Its hard not to say stupid and shut up and stuff