• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Olympic Spirit

For the past two weeks every night we have the Olympics on and Erika loves watching the gymnastics, swimming, and diving. I have decided that the day she turns 3 she is going to be signed up into a tumbling/gymnastics class because 1. the girl is SO uncoordinated and 2. she can't stop doing somersaults and dancing around the living room!

So while gymnastics are on you can find Erika flying across the room and doing a tumbling act or shaking her booty to the music on the tv.

Now when swimming and diving come on its a total different story. She just sits and stares at the tv totally mesmerized by what they are doing! When they stand on the platforms or diving boards she will say "Hurry jump in the water".

Here's where it gets funny...We had just gotten home from work and I am checking my work emails to see if anything major happened while I was gone for the 45 minutes and I hear Erika say..."Mom watch me jump in the water" so I turn around and she is standing on her little picnic table and will walk to the edge...jump up and down with her arms behind her backs like they do in diving and then jump off! Oh my gosh I couldn't stop laughing and couldn't grab my camera fast enough.

Here is our future little Olympian diver practicing her moves:



At the end of the tape she realizes that I am actually recording her and wants to come see what she looks like...thats why she doesn't do her second dive for you...which is different as you can hear her tell me!

I'll keep you all updated on how her Olympic training goes...Summer Olympics 2022 here we come!

2 comments:

Katie said...

SO CUTE!

Josh and Michelle said...

So cute I love how she does the jumping before the dive. Callie wanted to be an olympic runner, but after two days of practicing she quit.