• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I Don't Want To Die...

I know I have been horrible at blogging but bear with me...I am finally out of my 1st trimester thank goodness and I am somewhat better but still miserable. I remember now just how much I hate being pregnant!! You other girls that love being pregnant and have it easy and never throw up...you disgust me! Anyways enough ranting...I actually don't throw up as much anymore so thats a good sign! Only 28 more weeks to go...I can do it!

So you are probably wondering about the title...well Friday night Erika and I went up to SLC to attend my cousin Megan's wedding reception and on our way home I am driving in the fast lane when all the lights come on in the car. I can't figure out whats going on so I turn around and see Erika sitting in her car seat but out of the straps and she has the door open and is hanging on to the door with both of her hands. I now realize that I can hear the whoosing of air on the freeway as we speed down the road...don't know why I missed that earlier this baby's already sucking the brain cells out...so I reach back and try to shut the door but I can't get it shut so I start crying (of course being the calm reasonable person I am) and hurry and pull off the road and fly out of the car.

As I am putting Erika BACK into her safety harness (so much for 5 point restraints..BAH) I am crying hysterically and saying "Erika YOU NEVER GET OUT OF YOUR CAR SEAT. ERIKA YOU NEVER OPEN THE CAR DOOR. DO YOU WANT TO DIE? (Okay looking back I was being a little dramatic but who wouldn't be right?) She looks up at me with her big pretty brown eyes with tears rolling down her cheeks and says "Mom, I don't want to die" ...then I lost it even more!

Oh man it was horrible. If Trent had been there I am sure the situation would have gone much differently (and calmly) but he wasn't so thats the story you get! Once we got back on the road my mind went crazy wild with every possible HORRIBLE situation that could have happened and it made me sick...so I had to pull over and lose my dinner at the nearest gas station.

So a little background on the story for you all who are thinking "Hello they have child locks for that exact reason" Trent had to take the car to work that day and the person that was sitting in the backseat must of unlocked it so that Trent wouldn't have to let him out of the car. I didn't even think to check to make sure it was on but you can be sure that I will from now on!

Once I find the energy to get the pictures off the camera I will post more from Megan's wedding, Trent's birthday, and the Garbe Family Reunion...until then I am sorry I am such a slacker at blogging and commenting on others blogs...I have to get back to normal soon before I lose my sanity!

6 comments:

Stephanie Salmon said...

I'm sorry you're so sick when you're pregnant, but hey, at least you can freaking get pregnant!!! Be grateful! Just kidding, I know you are. But I not only hate those girls with perfect pregnancies, I'm pretty much to the point where I hate anyone who is pregnant at all! :)

Tyson and Lauren Davies said...

Just so you so I already told Tyson about that on the phone sunday. So Im going to print this out for him and send it with my letter tonight. You can count it as you sent him a letter haha :)

glad you're feeling a lil more like yourself these days

Lindsey said...

I am soooo sorry you feel so crappy, it is the absolute WORST! Especially when you already have one little person to take care of. As for the story, I think any mom would have freaked out like that, I know I would... maybe you scared her enough to teach a lesson :)

Elmer Family said...

How scary! I am dreading the day that Annie gets out of her seat and I am making sure the child locks are on my car now!

Oh an I hear ya on being sick. The ladies who have an easy pregnancy amaze me too. Both of my sister in laws were like that. I was hooked up to an IV until 20 weeks and they never once threw up! Not sure why we are so lucky.

Sean and Janet Eyring said...

Yikes, I am sure you were just freaking out, and I can totally understand the "what if" scenario going thru your mind!

Josh and Michelle said...

That is so scary. I would have said the same thing. We say that kind of thing to the kids whenever they do something that could potentially be dangerous. She probably wont do it again now. Calmness may not have had the same effect. Anyways I am glad you are starting to feel slighty better. I hate being preg too, but I dont think I had it nearly as bad as you. good luck with the next 28 weeks.