Last Thursday I didn't feel so hot after work and so I laid down on the couch and just didn't move for a couple hours. Well Trent coaches the Young Men's basketball team so he left for the game and in the hour he was gone my cramps went from dull ache to me rolling around on the bed crying my eyes out clutching my stomach...I called Trent the second I heard the garage open and told him to hurry upstairs. I knew the pain was kidney stones as I had felt it all before. Plus having lots of blood in my urine is a pretty good sign that something is tearing up my insides! Since this isn't my first (or second) time getting kidney stones I knew that if we went to the emergency room they would do tests...tell me I had kidney stones (so much for the degree doc I already knew that) and then bill me for outrageous amounts...and send me home with pain killers. Well Trent rumaged up some pain killers for me and so we decided to just wait it out and he would take me to our family physician bright and early in the morning. Poor Erika had no idea what was going on. She kept coming over to me and saying "Why Mom crying? Mommy owie" "Its okay Mommy stop crying" poor thing...I could barely stop crying to tell her that I was fine!

Once the pain meds kicked in I was fine but I woke up like every hour in a cold sweat and had to throw up but was too dizzy to even get out of bed...it was horrible. Finally I passed out from pain around 4 am only to sleep for a couple hours and have the pain medication wear off...not good! Thirty minutes is a long time to have to sit and wait for pain medication to start working. Finally the dr's opened and they got me in at 9:30. As we are driving to the dr's they call to say that my dr had to go to the hospital so we had to reschedule for 11. I about killed the lady on the phone. So we went back home and laid down for an hour and turned around and went back down. My doctor thought I might have dietriclitis (sp?) so he wanted a bunch of tests run and a couple CAT scans. So we went over to Orem Community Hospital and spent the next couple hours there. It was seriously the worst just sitting in the car and in the waiting rooms.
The end result is that I have 4 kidney stones working their way down my ureter (see display above) and I also have a kidney infection. I actually passed one while at the hospital so 1 down...3 to go! I hate my life...seriously...I hate it. I hate pain medication because it makes me dizzy and light headed and yeah it does make the pain bearable but it still feels like I have really bad cramps all day long. Hopefully they will pass quickly!On to happier times. On Monday night my work had an Easter Egg Hunt for all the employees children. Erika had a blast this year and couldn't stop finding eggs! She kept running around the office with her "bucket" and picked up every egg she could find. She actually lucked out and won two of the big prizes and lots of candy! She was so hyper last night and was running around the house like a mad woman! No more candy for her for a while. We put her to bed at like 9 and at like midnight she was sitting in her crib singing as loud as she could...silly girl.
So I guess thats about it for our update. Not that exciting...just alot of sleeping for me! My work sent me some beautiful flowers (thanks again Lindsey!)! I would take a picture but that would invovle me walking over there and doing it and I would rather just sit here and go to bed!
Hope everyone is having a good week!






8 comments:
I am sitting here cringing right now, you poor thing! I have heard that is more painful than labor! If there is anything I can do let me know, I hope you have help with Erica, I can't function when I am on pain meds or I puke. Feel better soon.
Emily, that is aweful!! I'm sorry that you are in so much pain! I hope that your kidney stones pass soon so you can feel better. I hate pain meds too. They may get rid of the pain, but they make it impossible to function. I hope you have lots of help with Erika and that you get better soon :)
Aren't medical problems THE WORST ever?!!! I've never had kidney stones (or been in labor for that matter) so I can't relate to you there but two years of bladder infections pretty much sucks. I just barely finished my antibiotics for yet another bladder infection yesterday and then last night while I was washing my face in the sink I had an urge to pee and couldn't stop it and peed my pants. Sucks!!! And paying for those CAT scans isn't going to be fun. Yuck yuck yuck. If it makes you feel better, we didn't have heat at our house again last night and this morning I had to take an ice cold shower. It seriously took my breath away. It was horrible. :) And we chose to come down here and live this life!
Em that sucks! Why do you keep getting them? It seems like something for older people. My Photo teacher in high school would get them. He would drink a butt load of water and jump up and down to try to get them to pass. Good luck.
That sucks. I've kind of been there. I had a "gravel pit" in my kidneys the dr said. but they were all tiny so they didn't hurt as bad as what you are doing. but I also had the kidney infection and that was the worst thinkg I've been through thus far. I'm so sorry, I feel for you.
poor em! i'm sorry. nate's dad always gets kidney stones, so nate freaks out that he will get them and drinks tons of water and cranberry juice. i hope you pass them soon!
I'm sure Michelle never ment to call your mom and hers, old. As we have both had the wonderful experience of having kidney stones and we were not that old when we had them. I feel for you Emily. Pain pills are a wonderful thing. Cranberry juice is good and paint strainers work great and are cheap. I'm sure you know what I mean. Take care and good luck.
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
Post a Comment