
Okay so those of you who are located outside of Utah County are probably thinking...cryptosporidium..what? Cryptosporidium is a parasite that reeks havoc on your small intestine and can be transferred from one person to another in swimming pools. Yep thats right..the chlorine doesn't kill these suckers it just makes them stronger.
So on Trent's birthday you all might remember the whole family went to the Spanish Fork community pool. The next day or two I didn't feel so hot and figured I was just getting the flu or something....then Saturday hit and by mid-afternoon I was vomitting and had the worst diarrhea ever known to man. For a week my life consisted of laying on the couch drinking water or running to the bathroom. Then just when I started to feel better it would all come back with a vengenance. Finally a week later I was able to choke down more than just water and keep it down and I am happy to say that today (exactly two weeks later) I have not thrown up for 4 days but am still having trouble with my digestive system but hey its the lesser of two evils I guess.
I have now learned that there is nothing you can do if you have a parasite but let it run its course and in about a month it should die (hopefully) and that when you are sick you shouldn't go swimming until 2 weeks after your symptoms go away because you can still transmit these buggers up until then. Most of the pools in Utah County have been closed down and last night on the news they said that no one under the age of 5 is permitted to swim in public pools.
So theres a happy little update on our family! Sorry we don't have anything more exciting to post. We are going camping this weekend for Labor Day so stay tuned for happier postings!






7 comments:
I am SO sorry! I was puking last weekend but only for about 12 hours and I wanted to die! I hope you feel better.
Em that bites big time. it kind of creeps me out and makes me never want to go in a pool again.
Wonderful.. I hope Erika didn't get it too. Well hope you are feeling better now!
Sorry about that. I know after my sisters birthday party at the pool half of her and my brothers friends got sick. it's really sad that you can't even swim now a days with out worrying.
Emily, how do I make it so my picture shows up on the side when I leave a comment?
yuck! Poor Emily! that kind of freaks me out and makes me mad at the same time. What are people thinking!! Hope you're feeling better!
yuck!!! ok i am never swimming in a public pool again!!!!
hope you are better emily
Post a Comment