• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Splish Splash

Yesterday Erika got to come spend the day at work with Mommy because the lady who watches her had the flu and was throwing up all weekend. Since I didn't find out until Monday morning I didn't have time to find arrangements for someone to cover things for me in the mornings so I decided just to take her in with me (my work is pretty cool about stuff like this...I am SO lucky they are all family oriented people and understand when situations like this come up!) So I brought some snacks and books and that keeped Erika entertained for a while. I also brought my DVD player and the movie The Fox and the Hound so that she could watch it. We stayed until about 12:30 and then decided it was time to head out because she was getting antsy and hungry. On the way home I decided that it would be fun to get one of those plastic pools so that Erika and I could play around in the backyard since it was such a warm day!

When I got the K-Mart I realized they were having a sale on all of their outdoor equipment and toys...lucky for us! They had a plastic blow up pool that is 10 ft x 4 ft for the same price as the plastic pools that barely Erika and I would both fit in...so being the deal person that I am I just had to get it...along with a couple other items that were such a steal! Erika and I both got lounge chairs and then a box of popsicles to stick in the freezer. Here are some pictures of her that I snapped...with my NEW CAMERA!!!

That's right...Trent gave me a camera for Mother's Day and I have been snap happy since! It is so nice to be able to take nice pictures and not have to wait 2 minutes between each shot! Trent and I have been talking about getting a new camera but they are just so expensive that I thought we agreed on just putting money aside each month until we had it all saved up! I am glad he didn't listen though! It was the best Mother's Day ever! He had Erika put it around her neck and come sit next to me...and yes I cried...I am such an emotional wreck! Let me tell you...the hormones never returned to normal after I had Erika!





This is a picture of my Mom and I!! Isn't it cute! My Dad sent me a couple of pictures this morning of my Mom and I when I was little and it was fun to see them!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Pictures look so good, congrats on your new camera! I LOVE mine, I am kind of a freak now :)

Morgan said...

so fun. I bet she loved the water. yay for a new camera. Digital cameras are the best too, cause you don't have to worry about the cost of buying more and developing film, so you can take as many pics as your little heart desires!

whitney said...

so cute! i got a new little pool for my kids at k-mart too, but it's not as big as yours. i love it that water totally entertains kids forever. summertime is the best with kids!