• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Friday, May 11, 2007

Balloon Nightmare

I was once told a story about a great man who was minding his own business while shopping and was struck down by a falling board due to poor construction of a new store and ended up getting that company to give him major discounts on a new home surround sound system!

So...keeping this in mind here is my story:

The other day was Tyson's birthday, so being the nice sister-in-law I am I thought I would pick up some balloons and drop them off at his school and hopefully embarass him to death! I went to the Albertson's near his school and ordered my balloon bouquet and picked up a couple items for dinner that night while waiting for them. After checking out I pulled the balloons down close to me and proceeded through the first set of doors and then all of the sudden *POP*POP*POP*POP* (yes that was 4 ballons in total) All of the balloons, except for the foil one, had popped right on my arm leaving behind a mess of sticky goo all down the right side of my body and major welts all over my right arm. Letting out a sigh I turned around and walked back inside to have them get me new latex balloons...because they should last until I at LEAST get to my car!

The lady that had helped me check out came rushing over and asked what had happened. She then takes me back to their breakroom and starts cleaning off my arm and CRYING saying over and over "You're not going to sue us...please no" I was like...geez lady I just want my stinkin balloons already I have places to go!

She then called her manager (who was on his lunch break and I had to wait for 20 minutes for him to get back). Once he came back I had to start filling out papers stating that I wouldn't take any legal action against Alberston's and that I felt compensated for what had happened to me...blah blah blah. The manager then had one of his crew members come in and check out my arm and make sure there wasn't any permanent damage down to my skin. He works as an EMT and so as he was checking out my BRIGHT RED arm I proceeded to wince and twitch everytime he touched me (Hey I had to make it seem like I was seriously in pain!) After I got the A-okay to leave the manager offered to reimburse me for my shopping trip that day, and of course I had only spent like $20 dang it...wish I had done one of my big $200 shopping trips that day! He then let me know that he would be in contact with me in a week or two to see how I was recovering (what a joke) and mail me a $25 Albertsons gift card!

An hour and half later I finally was able to leave and by that time Tyson wasn't even at school! After I got home I started thinking about all of the things I should have said or done so I could have gotten more out of this ordeal! I was sort of hoping that I would have a terrifying nightmare about balloons attacking me in my sleep or that I would wake up and have a massive rash after having a bad reaction to the High Float goo that was all over my arms after they popped but no such luck!

So needless to say I probably won't be shopping at THAT Albertson's or buying ballons in the near future!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

What a great story! I am glad you started to milk it by the end, they should have given you more than that though! I can't believe the lady was crying, what a dedicated Albertson's employee :)