• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Monday, August 20, 2012

Riley's 1st Birthday Party

We had Riley's first birthday a couple weeks ago. It was an Under the Sea theme and I had fun finding ideas on Pinterest to go with that theme. The only bummer was apparently the world has a shortage of helium so all the stores around us were out of helium...who knew! We survived the party without any balloons though! We had everyone come over for dinner where we had Submarine Sandwiches, Sea Cucumbers, Crab Legs, Fish Eggs, Sand Dollars,

Seaweed Spread, 7 Leagues Under the Sea Dip, Fish Bait, Sea Foam Lemonade and Chicken of the Sea salad!
 
I made a banner with a picture from each year of her life to string up! It's fun to see how much she has changed and grown in the short 12 months she has been with our family!
I also made these cute cupcakes with bears floating in inner tubes in the water. I was going to put a little cocktail umbrella in each cupcake too but I didn't want to buy a package of 100 umbrellas so I could use them for 18 cupcakes!
It's okay they turned out cute and I still think people enjoyed them!
The whole spread!
 This is what I get when I ask my daughter to smile for a picture! Nice Erika!
Here is Riley enjoying some cucumbers
 While everyone else feasted on her birthday dinner!
Riley waited very patiently for everyone to stop eating so she could open presents!

After everyone got some food it was time for her to rip open her presents. Back off sisters she's got this!
She was a pro at ripping open presents. Erika would rip up a corner for her and she would go to town ripping off the paper!
 She got a couple cute toys, some dolls,

 stuffed animals, and some clothes!
 She had fun ripping out the tissue to and reaching in this bag as big as her to pull out gifts!
After present time we sang happy birthday to her and let her play in her own cake!

She was very dainty at first and would just stick in her fingers and lick them off.
 Then Trent helped her take a bite of her cake!
 She was not to happy with all the whipped cream on her face!
 But that didn't stop her from digging right back into her cake for more!
It's was a funny birthday party! Thanks to everyone who came to help us celebrate it was a lot of fun! A couple days later she went in for her 1 year check up. This is how happy she was BEFORE the appointment:
And this is how she looked AFTER the appointment:
She had to get 3 shots and was NOT happy. She sat on the recliner and just glared at me for hours like this! We found out that she is in the 50th percentile for her height and the 0.03th percentile for her weight! We are suppose to feed her 3 meals and up to 6 snacks a day to help get some meat on her bones! Hopefully she can get to at least 1% by her 15 month check up!


No comments: