The last couple of days have flown by super fast and it seems like we have been super busy. Trent and I are both hating the hospital, doctors, etc right now and am so ready to just be able to spend one day at home resting. Let's get you caught up on the last couple days of our life!
Thursday was uneventful. We hung out at the hospital and had lots of visitors. Trent and I spent the morning with our little one and discussed name ideas. He had two names he really liked and I had two names that I really liked...and neither of us liked the other persons names! We discussed other names but nothing really stuck out. I was feeding her Wednesday night and I just looked down at her and out of no where it just hit me...her name was Riley. I just started at her and called her by that name and knew it was right. (In case you were wondering Riley was one of Trent's names that I had previously been against!) He thinks I am lying but seriously it just hit me that she was going to be called Riley. Then we figured out the middle name. Not as much pressure for the middle name as a first name! She finally had a name Riley Bree Davies.

That afternoon when the girls came to visit we gave Riley a bath so we could clean off all the kisses we had been giving her.

Lexi was a big helper and got the diaper ready for Riley's little bum

Erika did a good job washing her hair and being gentle with her head.

Cutest big sister ever!

Erika giving Riley a sweet little kiss

Once she was all bathed then the girls took turns holding their little sister.

That night we also had Trent's parents stop by and give some love to their newest grandchild


Tiffany and Adam stopped by with Brighton. Check out the difference in these cousins. He is 7 months old and about 3 times the weight of her!

Thursday night was the same lots of getting woken up and different nurses coming in to do tests on myself and Riley. She was born 7lbs 10 oz and after one day she was already down to 7lbs so they wanted to make sure everything was okay and she was eating okay.

Friday was a NIGHTMARE. It was a good thing that we had this pretty little girl to stare at in between all the calls otherwise we would have gone mad!

I originally had it scheduled so that 24 hours after I gave birth I would get the Lithotripsy procedure done and get the stones blasted out of me so that I wouldn't have to recover from giving birth and then go back in for the procedure and then have to heal from that. I wanted to get all the pain over with at once. A month ago I gave my urologist my induction date so that he could schedule the machine on Friday. After calling for HOURS and getting the same response "The Doctor is really busy and he will call you back as soon as he gets a free minute" we were fed up and realized that the procedure was not going to happen that day. They were going to release me from the hospital. It was so aggravating dealing with that all day. They finally got it scheduled for 7:30 am on Saturday morning.
They had a photographer come by and take newborn pictures of Riley. So much for the newborn mugshot they had cute pictures! They had her all wrapped up in blankets and laying in a basket. She got her first taste of a pacifier during the photoshoot and was instantly hooked!

On a random side note the hospital had a menu that you could order whatever you wanted off at anytime. Trent and I took full advantage of that and he ate most meals with me in the hospital and we would load up food and snacks. The food was really good. Trent's favorite was the mashed potatoes and gravy and oreo milkshakes!
At 4 pm we got ready to leave the hospital. Here is Riley all dressed in the same outfit that I came home from the hospital in 29 years ago and the same outfit we brought Erika & Lexi home from the hospital in.

Here we are getting her tiny little body strapped into the carseat!

I still can't believe how tiny she is!

We came home to a warm welcoming with a cute decorated porch!


On Saturday morning bright and early Trent, Riley and I headed over to the hospital. We got checked into my room and hung out and watched tv while waiting for surgery. I fed Riley before I headed down to the pre-op room so that she wouldn't be hungry. The guy came to come get me to wheel me downstairs and I think it might have been his first time transporting a bed. He was wearing slippers over his shoes and kept sliding around trying to push the bed. He also hit every possible bed, chair or wall on the way downstairs. It was a joke! I was trying not to laugh at him as he bashed the bed into doorways!
In pre-op the nurses and anesthesiologist went over what was going to happen. I had been through it all before so I knew what I was in for. I asked the anesthesiologist about being put under and the effects it would have on breastfeeding and he said that he was giving me such a low dose for such a short amount of time that it wouldn't be a problem. Then he said legally he should say that I should pump and dump for 24 hours but if I was his wife he would tell me to breastfeed away. It would make Riley sleepy but she would be fine. In fact he recommended pumping it and freezing it and labeling it as "Sleepy Milk" and then saving the milk for when she was 6 months old and wasn't sleeping all day and we needed to catch up on some rest!
The procedure was suppose to be the blasting of my stones in my kidneys on both sides. It was suppose to only be an hour surgery (including recovery) and so when I left pre-op at 9:47 I figured I would be back to my room by 10:47. When I got back up to my room it was noon. Come to find out they only blasted one side. They did the kidney that has the active stones in it. The left side has 3 stones in it that haven't moved or changed in size since 2008 so he felt safe in not blasting those. Plus if he blasted both sides then he would have had to put a stint in and he didn't want to have to do that since I was already going to be in so much pain from everything.
I felt like someone took a bat to my back but it wasn't that bad. I was told there was a couple things I had to do before I could leave. I had to have a milkshake and apple juice and keep both of them down for an hour. Then I had to use the restroom twice. Once I did that I could be discharged. Things were going fine and I ate and peed and then out of no where I felt like someone was repeatedly stabbing me in my back and the pain was seriously unbearable. I could barely breath and was sobbing uncontrollably by the time the nurse came in the room to give me my drugs. Since he had to give me morphine we had to wait another hour before they could discharge me since I wouldn't be able to function.
At 4:30pm I was able to leave. So much for an hour procedure!! Sunday we had to go back to the hospital again to check Riley's bilirubin levles so by Sunday night we were SICK of the hospital!
Here are some pictures of her first bath by her Dad. She HATES being naked and being bathed she just screams. It's the only time we hear her ever make a peep!

We have found that she does like having her head rubbed with the sponge though! She always calms down and stops crying when we do that!

Still screaming!

The second she gets wrapped up in the towel and gets some kisses from Mom & Dad she is all better!

None of our other girls have ever been small enough to actually fit into this little onesie so we had to show it off on Sunday! Check out those cute little chicken legs! She seriously has the tiniest legs and arms. We have newborn/premie socks and the feet part is too small because her feet are so long but they fall off her because her ankles are so small they can't keep the socks up! She also has really long fingers.

Daddy's little cougar!

We seriously are enjoying every minute with her and it still doesn't seem real that she is here. She is a good sleeper and today she has had her eyes open a lot so that is fun!
1 comment:
wow em, i would be sick of the hospital too! what a crazy whirlwind of events. hope you feel semi-normal again soon! :) riley is so adorable. asher was looking at this post with me, and when he saw the pic of trent kissing her after he bath when she is wrapped in the towel, he said "oh that's such a cute picture!" it was really funny. congrats again!!
Post a Comment