• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Holiday Weekend

I was given a four day weekend from work for the 4th holiday so we took advantage of the time! Friday morning I took the girls to the splash pad. I thought by going at 10am we would avoid the huge crowds. Boy was I wrong. We only stayed for about an hour and then took off because Lexi kept getting trampled by the bigger kids running around.That afternoon Trent and I decided it would be fun to do a mini-family vacation. All of our vacations are usually spent with lots of family and its been a lot of fun but we wanted to do something with just the four of us (that didn't cost a lot of money!) So we found a cheap hotel online and booked it for the night in Park City. We tried to jam in as much as we could into a day and a half! Here are somethings we did...not in order because blogger was being a pain!

Olympic Park

We missed the aerial jumpers show by 5 minutes but Trent ran up to the gates with Erika and she got to see the last couple jumpers. We walked around their museum and got pictures in the bobsleds. Don't mind Lexi...if you ask her to do anything she just ignores you so when I said "Lexi look at me for a picture" she of course turned her back to me.Sitting in one of Team USA's old bobsleds
Erika the skier!Lexi the spaz...I mean skier!I don't know why I bother trying to get nice pictures of my girls together!We went swimming. The pool was FREEZING and the hot tub was too hot so the girls spent most of the time jumping from one pool to the other getting warm and then cold! Lexi wasn't a big fan of either pools temperature so after jumping in and out a couple times she came over and sat on the chair with me. Here she is telling me to put down my camera and turn on the Barbie game for her!Erika on the other hand would have been fine if we spent the whole weekend in the pool!She had a blast jumping in and out and swimming around the edges of the pool.After talking to the girls their favorite part was being able to jump on the bed and eat snacks in bed! We also went on the Alpine Slides and both girls had a blast. Erika kept telling Trent to go faster and they were already flying down the hill as fast as they could! Lexi held her hands up in the sky and would yell "Yeah slide" over and over! We hit the Park City outlets and also Main Street. We soon realized that our girls don't like shopping!

Here is Erika just chillaxin in bed sipping on her Sprite!Oh yeah and Lexi's favorite thing to do was grab the remote as soon as it was put down and change the channel to cartoons!It was a fun weekend getaway for our family and hopefully the first of many more!

No comments: