• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Monday, July 25, 2011

Seriously??

I'm not going to lie...it's been a rough couple of days. Tuesday night (well I guess early morning) I was dead asleep and Trent comes running down the hall screaming "Emily wake up....get out here" My first thought is....I am going in to labor! Then my head cleared and I realized I would be the one yelling that if that is what was happening! Well it wasn't my water breaking...it was a sprinkler pipe breaking and flooding our house! There was about an inch of water covering the entire house. Trent couldn't open the front door because there was a couple feet of water in the stairway (we are renting out a basement apartment). He called his brother who is in town and staying with his parents (who live across the street thank goodness) and he came over and started bailing water out of the stairway while Trent crawled out a window and helped him. It was like a river (a very full and fast moving river) cascading down the stairs. Trent's Dad came over and helped get the water shut off and then it was time to start cleaning up water.

We started working on getting everything up out of the water and either outside or on tables. I picked up my computer only to have about a gallon of water pour out the back of it. Trent's Mom came over with a stack of towels and we began the process of creating dams so that the water couldn't go farther into our bedrooms.

Trent's Dad works for the school district so he drove up there and got one of their industrial sized shop vac's and the boys started vacuuming up all the water. Remember how I said a couple posts ago that everything was finally unpacked except for a few boxes and that we were ready for the baby. Yeah well we are back to square one. Everything is piled in the kitchen or on top of beds.

There wasn't much I could do but I did my best and I would wring out towels and suck water out with a small vacuum. Trent kept telling me to go lay down but I couldn't lay down in bed and listen to everyone clean out my house for me. After a couple hours though I started to get strong contractions so I gave in and laid down. Three hours later they were still coming every 7 minutes like clockwork. I took a bath and tried to sleep but nothing helped. With Lexi the same thing happened and I went to the hospital only to be sent home so I tried to stick it out until 8:00 when my doctor's office opened.

I called my doctors office at 8:01 only to be told by the nurse that I needed to go to the hospital so that they could monitor me and the baby and see if there was any stress on the baby or if I was dilating. We headed to the hospital hoping we would have a baby but knew we would be sent home...and right we were! I wasn't dilating on my own and my doctor didn't want to start me before I had completed my 37 weeks so they sent me home with drugs and stopped my contractions. (I was like 5 days away from being 38 weeks!) Talk about a stressful (and annoying) night/day!

Here we are almost a week later and the house is dried out. Somethings have been put back. The contractions aren't regular anymore (but still just as painful when they do come). I have an appt on Wednesday to track my progress and decide what to do at that time. Until then I just keep waddling!

3 comments:

Kris said...

Oh my goodness - that is so miserable for you guys! I'm so sorry that you had to pack everything up again and upnapck - AGAIN. What a freaking pain. Hopefully there wasn't any damage to your computer, etc. Hang in there.

Unknown said...

oh I hope none of your stuff got damaged! I hope u have that baby soon and can relax a little:)

Anonymous said...

i feel so bad for you! i hope things go better for you.