I had typed up some cheesy poems..yes they rhymed and yes they were totally lame but they made me laugh! And he had an envelope full of money and he was given a friends name and a time to pick them up and that was all he knew. His friends then took him on different outings like golf and movies.
Saturday morning Erika and I cooked breakfast for him. I gave her some choices and then she picked out what she thought Dad would want for his birthday breakfast. They were both suppose to pull a mean face in this picture but apparently Erika needs some work on her mean face!
Saturday night we had the family over for dinner and dessert. He picked fajitas for his dinner of choice and then a fresh peach dessert.
He got spoiled with $$, gift cards to his favorite stores, shirts, new flip flops, movies, cds, bracelets (or man-celets if you prefer. Adam referred to them as bro-celets) and all sorts of goodies!
Trent had lots of help opening up all his presents! Most of the presents were half ripped open by the time the kids handed them to him!
It was of course just fun to be able to eat and play games and hang out together as a family.







3 comments:
I just LOVE your birthday enthusiasm! I try to do the same thing with all of our birthdays, but some years I just poop out! And sadly, it is usually Jake's birthday...
when you referred to the bracelets...were those the ones in the package I sent Trent cause those are for the girls that Ty bought in Afghan. haha did you get my message about that????? blue is harleys and pink is for erika
I looove celebrating birthdays just like you!! And probably throw a 2 year old tantrum if people don't want to celebrate with me! Haha. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun - also look like you had a lot of milk at breakfast! Hehe :)
Post a Comment