Everyone got to make at least a couple apples of their favorite kind and then we made some other random ones like Rocky Road, Smores, Apple Pie, etc. The kids had a blast eating the sprinkles and other candy toppings. 



It was way messy but so much fun! Of course they didn't quite turn out like Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory but they tasted just as good. 
We decided next time though we are just going to cut apples up in slices and then dip them in the caramel and toppings!! That's what we did for a couple apples and it was fun to be able to try a different kind of apple on each slice!
Erika has her first dance recital on Tuesday. She is so excited to be able to go to dance each week and perform in front of the mirror. She is going to throw a fit next week when she finds out that she doesn't get to go to dance because there is a break before Fall classes start!!
Alexis was sick last week but she is getting better and now I am getting sick...lame! The one good thing that did come out of this is that...drum roll please....both girls are sleeping in their rooms now and in their own beds! Alexis is sleeping in her crib and has been sleeping for 9 -10 hours a night...hallelujah!
I gave Lexi a ritz cracker to keep her occupied while I did the dishes and made lunches the other night and she was in heaven! Of course after drinking just milk and having rice cereal who wouldn't want a buttery salty cracker! I think she got more of it on her and smashed into the tray than actually in her mouth but hey it kept her quiet while I was busy!
Last week I went through and de-junked out all of our closets and had a garage sale on Saturday with Tiffany. I made $37 and some change which isn't bad for just selling books and clothes! The best part about the whole thing is I was able to get rid of 6 huge tubs full of junk. One step closer to de-junking out the entire house.
Other than that things are pretty mellow here. Trent is enjoying his last days as a twenty something! We are just doing a family dinner and dessert party Saturday night to celebrate. He threatened me and told me no parties for his big over the hill party.
Also I don't know what it is about my brother Brad but Erika CONSTANTLY talks about him and is always asking when Brad is going to come play. Tonight's comment was "Is Brad too busy with school to come see me" Its hard to explain the concept of a 2 year mission to a 3 year old! She keeps asking if he is going to come to our house in 2 minutes! She does know that he is in Chile so thats a step in the right direction! Every night she gets to put a sticker on her countdown chart! With all those stickers it makes him look like he has been gone a long time and it is going by really fast!








1 comment:
Oh man those caramel apples look so good. I'll bet they were way better the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. We love the sticker count down for Elder B-Rad too! Boy it does look like he has been gone a long time.
Post a Comment