• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Yeah For Not Being Prego!!

She's Finally Here!! Welcome to the world!

Alexis Kamryn Davies
Born Feb 21st at 3:21pm
Weighed 8lbs 13 ozs and
is 20 1/2 inches long

Here's the story for those of you that are interested!! Thursday night I was having bad contractions about 8 - 10 minutes apart and after about 3 hours of that I told Trent we needed to go to the hospital. They admitted me and hooked me up and watched me for a couple hours and since the contractions weren't making me more dilated they sent me home at about 4am Friday morning but rescheduled my induction stating that my doctor would be on call starting at 5pm Friday night and they would give me a call as soon as a bed opened up.

7:00 am on Saturday morning I got the call and it was off to the hospital. By 8:10 I was hooked up to the pitocin and on my way. I got my epidural a couple hours later and now was only dilated to a 4 so they up-d my pitocin levels. Trent left to go grab some lunch at 2:30 thinking he had plenty of time to eat and get back to the hospital. At about 2:35 I was starting to feel the contractions pretty strong so I called in the anesthesiologists to get me a shot to help stop the pain. He got in my room and let me know that it would start to numb my legs but it could take up to 20 minutes to actually feel the effects. The nurse decided to come in and check me at that time. She proceeds to check me and then says "Oh my gosh I can feel the head. Call your husband NOW". She hands me my phone and I call Trent in a panic. Luckily he was just walking to the room so he got there a couple seconds later.

My doctor was paged and he came up. He is so funny...he walks in the room and says "I am glad you are going into labor you saved me from eating a Turkey sandwich out of the vending machine and reading a really exciting article about the advances in amniocenteses!" So he gets scrubbed up and ready and I start pushing. I could feel the contractions still and the pressure from the baby being down and ready to come out. I am sure it wasn't as bad as someone who hasn't had an epidural but it was HORRIBLE for me (refer to earlier post about me being a wimp). 10 minutes later Alexis was born! (Once again the longest 10 minutes of my life!)

When she came out all the doctor could say was "Wow she's a big girl...I need to go workout my arms" I had to get an episiotomy because she was such a big girl but its so worth it now that she is here! After she was born the gang went to the nursery to see our little chubby girl and I went down to my room. I was immediately overcome with such happiness that she was finally here and everything went well it was an incredible feeling. I am still going to need another 3 years though to forget how horrible being pregnant is! Oh and little side note: We had the same nurse with Alexis that we did with Erika! What are the chances of that. It was really nice too because she is an awesome nurse and we loved her the first time around!By Sunday night I was so ready to come home so they started the process of checking me out so that I could leave first thing Monday morning. The birth and recovery for this second child have been SO much easier than with the first. I am able to stand up without passing out so thats a major plus! We are all very tired around our house but are enjoying Alexis presence. She is really an angel and is such a good baby. At first Erika was not too sure about Baby Sister but she is really warming up to her and actually asks to hold Baby Lexi every now and then. She wants to watch everything we do to her and is constantly telling us how to take care of her if she is crying!

Story behind these pictures-This is the outfit that I was brought home from the hospital in. We brought Erika home from the hospital in this same outfit and now 26 years later Alexis is the 3rd one to wear this outfit home. Its kind of a fun little tradition to pass on!

The first two seconds Erika was left alone with Lexi this is what I came back in the room to find. Erika fixed her bow for her...what a sweet big helper (HELP ME!) Apparently bows look better when they cover your eyes.

Here are more pictures from the past couple days:

Here first bath at home...you can tell she loved every minute of it!

This is what she is doing now...my sweet little angel just sleeping! My Mom is in town this whole week so its been wonderful having her here to help out! She stays with the Lexi all night and just brings her to me when its time to eat and then takes her back after I am done! I don't know what I am going to do next week when I am left all alone with two children...ACK!

Well its time for me to take a nap too so I am off! Stay tuned for more pictures...I can't sit on this chair anymore...

19 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

aww....She is so cute!
Jess and I are so glad that you are both doing well! We love you and can't wait to come see little Lexi!
Love you!

Jazz Joyner Livingston said...

Okay so I know that you are busy with a new baby, but I was getting a little "antsy" about seeing your baby pics!!!

How did she find 8 lbs? I mean she didn't let you eat for like 95% of your pregnancy!!

Can I just say how much I love pictures of dads holding their new borns? Trent looks like such a proud papa!!!

Josh and Michelle said...

Yay! I have been waiting for this post. Great Job Emily. She is so adorable. I was so impressed when i first heard her size. That is so great, especially with you being so sick the whole time.

So you made it throught the delivery feeling the whole thing? Its not that bad, right? And she came out quickly, I love that! Although I hate episiotomy, I would really love just 1 delivery without one.
Anyways, great job. I am sure you are so relieved to have her here and to be done being pregs. I am way impressed that you are even talking about doing pregnancy again in 3 years after what you have to go through in pregnancy. You are one tough chicka.
Congratulations!

Stephanie Salmon said...

Congrats Emily! It's so nice to see pictures. Glad your mom could be here for you.

The Fab 4 From Washington said...

Congratulations! Alexis is absolutely beautiful. She does look a lot like Erika just chubbier! And chubby babies are so cute! We can't wait to see her in April at the wedding. Enjoy your new little bundle of heaven! Love ya, The LeBaron Family

NICKI said...

Alexis is so adorable! She is so c-h-u-b-b-y! Love the rolls and i am glad you are not prego anymore! Tell your mom hi for me. Enjoy!

Tyson and Lauren Davies said...

YEA for a new post. I loved all the pictures especially the ones with trent in them. Sounds like you guys are doing so good. I am glad you aren't pregnant anymore :)

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! It's funny, I was thinking about you on Feb. 21 and tried to text you but it wouldn't go through, so I just left a comment on your blog. ESP I guess (just kidding-heehee). Let me know when your ready for visitors! We can't wait to meet her!
Kristie

Hill said...

That is awesome, she is a cutie. Good luck next week when you have both children alone (yikes, the thought is enough to scare me out of having another:) I'm glad that all went well.

Shari Davis said...

Congratulations!! And totally yea for not being pregnant again!!! Alexis is adorable!!!! I'm glad recovery is going good for you!!

Redd family said...

Congrats! She is absolutely beautiful! Yay for your mom being there for a week and taking her at night!! My mom did that for me too and it was amazing! Moms are the best. All my love to another beautiful baby girl!!

alliehoopes said...

Yay indeed! So happy for you guys :)

Morgan said...

congrats!! she is so cute. i love her chubbyness! i am so glad that it went nice and fast for you. your dr. sounds like a riot, what's his name? so glad recovery us going well for you, and how great that your mom is there help with night time feedings.

you are a tough chica! i don't know that i would fare so well with such horrible pregnancies!

Lindsey said...

She is adorable Emily (5 lbs bigger than Liv when she was born!) I LOVE her cheeks! Also the picture of Trent sleeping while holding her- that labor and delivery must have been so HARD for him! Good luck when you are alone with them, that always scares me to tears!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! She really is an adorable baby and so chubby! That's how I like them! Give her a snuggle for us and take care of your hooha:)!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! She really is an adorable baby and so chubby! That's how I like them! Give her a snuggle for us and take care of your hooha:)!

Brooke said...

Yeah! She is beautiful and we are so happy for you. You are so lucky to have 2 sweet little girls :) And we love the name too!

Ashlie and Tony said...

Congratulations Emily, Trent and Erika on your beautiful new addition! And welcome to the world, baby Alexis!! She is absolutely precious. I just love her sweet little face. And, I literally laughed out loud about Erika fixing the bow with the corresponding pic. Erika is such a cutie!
So glad your mom was out there to help you!!
Congratulations, again beautiful Mommy-of-two!

Elmer Family said...

Congrats!! She is so pretty!