Here are a some updates on this pregnancy...more for me since I copy all my posts into my journal but feel free to read if you are extremely bored!
1. Went to my Doctors appointment on Tuesday and my blood pressure was down. Not down enough but better since my last appointment so I have to keep working on keeping it down. Iron is still low but I should be fine as long as I continue to take my prenatal vitamins. I think I might pick up some iron pills at the pharmacy though because I don't want to be borderline blood transfusion again with this child...that was SO not fun with Erika. Plus it would be nice not to have to be in a wheelchair when I see my little bro off in the MTC!!
The babies head is now down and ready to come out...which is TOTALLY fine by me! I am measuring right on schedule though so the countdown is on (44 more days)
2. I am at that depressing stage when your stomach now sticks out farther than your boobs...its all down hill from here.
3. I've got the gangsta strut down fabulously. This is most often referred to as a waddle but I would rather be a gangster than a duck. Now I just need to wear my pants around my knees, show off my underwear and possibly get a bandana and I would fit in with any Utah gang. I don't know what is but seriously I can't get my legs to get any closer together. Sitting with my legs crossed or even close together causes serious pain ehm "down there"
4. The baby definitely has 2 arms and legs. How else could she jab me in the stomach, both ribs, and bladder all at the same time? The best is when I am laying down trying to sleep and she does a nice one-two punch to my ribs and seriously takes my breath away. I know all the experts say that this is the time in a pregnant womans experience where she can't sleep and it is helping her to get used to being up all night with a crying baby and the late night feedings. Now experts tell me this...why on EARTH do I need to be prepared for this? Shouldn't it be the exact opposite and be helping me to get as much sleep as I possibly can before the baby gets here and then I get little sleep if any? I can't believe people actually get paid to tell us stuff like this...
Postive note: Baby is very healthy and active. I know I may talk alot about the negative but it is nice to feel the baby move and know that everything is okay and she is still alive and well.
5.You would think with the extra weight I am carrying around the least I could get is some excellent calf muscles...of course who knows under the swelling there might be some muscles developing! The swelling isn't too bad yet but by the end of the day I have serious cankles...not pretty.
6. Throwing up is still continuing. I don't know what it is about my body but it just does not like being pregnant. At this point if I don't throw up at least once a day then I just walk around feeling like I am going to throw up at any minute. Really not fun. The other afternoon Erika came in to find me hunched over the toliet. She rubbed my back and said "It's okay sweetie. It's okay to be sick" so sweet but still I don't like having someone sitting in the bathroom with me while I am puking!
7. Speaking of lil' miss Erika she is obsessed with me and this pregnancy. She loves to rub my tummy and ask me if Baby Sister is going to come to our house soon. And she usually likes to stare at me for a minute or two and then ask me why my "Pits" are so big and hers are so small. (Pits = Boobs I have no idea why either...)
8. I am at the leaky "Pits" stage so not pleasant! Oh yeah and Erika likes to ask me why my "Pits" are bleeding when this happens. Any suggestions on how to explain this to a 2 year old?!? I'll take any advice I can get!
I am sure this has been WAY too much information for some of you but like I said...more for journaling purposes and I warned you at the beginning!
Monday, January 12, 2009
Pregnancy Update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







6 comments:
Hang in there Emily!!!!!!! I was where you are not too long ago, and it will pass (I know you probably don't want to hear that). You're awesome and make such a cute pregnant woman!!! Not to mention that you're hilarious!!!! You're in my thoughts!
that was so funny-- i was laughing so hard.
My philosophy on explaining things to my kids is to just tell them the truth about what they ask. You don't have to elaborate, just answer their question. I had a good child development teacher who told us that and I've liked that (so far:)).
Oh man that was entertaining to read! I think Erika has been hanging out at Hooters too much where they pronounce "Pits" with a "T" at the beginning. :) When I am in the bathroom throwing up Tati comes in and spits on the floor like she is throwing up too. Great..just more to clean up.:)
You are HIlARIOUS! Just be glad that your cankles go away when your not pregnant, remind me to thank my Grandma for mine. Isnt being preg great. Um definetly before the next time you should get a tempur pedic mattress. I swear it made sleeping during the whole 9 like million times better and I didnt have some aching (down there) that I had with the other 2. Oh, and Im not really sure what the leaky pits stage is. Youll have to explain to me later. YOur almost there Ems. I am so excited to see what this little cutie looks like!
I read your post. Warning and all. I am obssessed with people who are pregnant. Since I have wanted to be that way for 18 months now. Favorite part number one: Pits. Favorite part number two: What Erika said to you as you were puking. How cute!
HA.. that was great!! Pits.. so funny.. in our house for some reason they are names nurses! I think that came from grandma... Good luck with number 2!!
Post a Comment