• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Pregnancy Update - Part II


At my last appointment I had lost weight in the 2 weeks I hadn't seen them so they told me to call in a week and let them know if I was still throwing up. So I called them to let them know that I was still throwing up and couldn't keep anything down plus now I am getting really bad headaches as well as contractions where my stomach tightens up and I have really bad cramping. They aren't happening on a consistent basis but they are happening all day. Since I am not quite 36 weeks yet they want to keep the baby in there for as long as I can. So I am suppose to try and keep as much water down as possible and hope that helps relieve the contractions and headaches. Also I get to pick up a prescription for Phenergan Suppositories this afternoon...yeah for bum pills!

If by my appointment next Thursday I am still having the contractions and am nauseous then I will be sent to the hospital where they will do lab work on me, get me hydrated, do stress tests on the baby and then possibly induce me that day. Now as much as I am ready to have this baby here...I am really not ready at all! At least give me a couple more weeks to get stuff done my house is a wreck!! I talked to Trent on his lunch break and I think he was in shock when I told him the news. The only thing he could say was "So you could have the baby next week...WOW thats really soon"

So here's hoping that I can get my body straightened out before next Thursday. That just seems way too soon to have the baby. It's kind of funny because a couple weeks ago I was talking to my parents about all the exciting news going on and my Dad said that they were going to have a family fast so that the baby could come early so my Mom could spend more time out here. With one brother going into the MTC and another getting married...having a baby on Feb 25th was kind of a stressful busy time for everyone in my family! I was okay with this idea when I imagined that the baby would come like in the middle of February...but January..I still can't get over that!

I am sure everything will be fine and I won't be induced but still the thought of it makes the whole nesting side of me right now go into a panic!!


9 comments:

Stephanie Salmon said...

Are you having the baby at UVRMC? And who is your OB? Just curious.

bre said...

Wow, I didn't realize you were so far along. That's exciting. I hope you get feeling better, and hope the babe stays healthy!

Hill said...

Gosh, I didn't realize that you were still having so much trouble. Bless your heart, I don't feel like a woman should have to be pregnant and throw up at the same time, it's just wrong. yay for bum pills, ha ha, that cracked me up.

Gayle said...

I am pretty sure that you can not control the little one BUT, I hope that you do have it next week or you have to wait until at least FEB 2nd. You can not have her while I am in Alaska. Also remember the kids are having a sleepover at my house on Friday...I will call with details.

Anonymous said...

I feel so bad for you!!

Lindsey said...

If it makes you feel better bum pills are great! Hope that everything goes ok, I know the feeling of having them tell you the baby needs to come out whether you are ready or not... Good Luck!

Josh and Michelle said...

geez ems, you go through a lot of crap when you are pregnant. I dont know how you do it.I hope everything goes okay and you can keep her in a little while longer. we will pray for you guys.

Ashley Garbe Smith said...

You poor thing. So soon though and then you'll forget all about it in a year or so!

Tyson and Lauren Davies said...

well I hope everything works out for the best. I am worried for you but there are such good baby docs out there that will take care of you both!
ps I love how gayle said not to have the baby while she was up in alaska...shes so funny made me crack up