• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Events of the Past Week

I am seriously slacking in my blogging...my apologies! Lets start out with last weekend.


Weekend Update

On Friday my parents drove up from Cali so I hung out up in Pleasant Grove that night. My brothers Mike and Brad and Mike's fiancee Jessica drove down from Rexburg too so we all hung out and chatted that night. Saturday morning we headed back over to PG. That morning one of my Uncles and cousin had restored a car that my Grandpa owned when he first started dating my Grandma and they brought it down to surprise them with. It was so cool to see my Grandpa's reaction and it was a pretty sweet car!! The car he owned was black and red but it was the exact same model!
Come to find out when he picked up my Grandma for their first date in this car he leaned over to open the latch to put down the top and gave her a quick kiss!! What a man making a move on the first date!!They got to take a ride around town and reminisce in the old car.

Here is Erika sitting in the old car. I was afraid to have her in there for too long because she loves to touch all the buttons and knobs in the car and I was not about to have her break something!!

After the ride my family all took off for Missionary Mall. Now if you don't know my brother Brad he HATES attention so the fact that there was like 10 of us walking in with him to the store plus me with my camera probably was torture! If he had it his way he would just order it all online and have it shipped to him in Chile! I had fun torturing him through out the morning snapping pictures of him trying on all the clothes.

Erika kept busy by washing the drinking fountain while Brad tried on clothes!

Here is Vanna White...I mean Jess showing off the all too fashionable fanny pack.

After that store we hit up a bunch of other stores all afternoon for either wedding or missionary stuff. It was fun to be able to hang out with the family though...even if it was while we were sitting in Costco waiting in line for a pizza and drink!

That night we just hung out at my Grandparents house talking. Brad got everything out and showed my grandparents the missionary goods he scored.I was sad to see them all go but so happy that I got to see them for the little time I did. Its always sad after the holidays that I see my family because I don't know when I will get to see my Dad again since he does taxes and can't get away until after April 15th.

It was nice being able to have almost everyone together for a couple days. (We missed you Kyle!!)

Monday

So the saga of me throwing up continued...it wasn't getting worse but I still couldn't keep anything down and I was getting really tired and would see stars every time I stood up. Not good...so I called my doctor who decided that it was time to be admitted to the hospital to run some tests and get hydrated. It didn't really hit me until the nurse told me to go up to Labor & Delivery...WHAT??!?!? I am NOT ready to have this baby...I didn't even shave my legs that morning!

I get their and they start running tests and tell me that unless something is seriously wrong with the baby they will not induce that day. They want me to be at least 37 weeks if possible so that the lungs can be fully developed. That was reassuring and helped my blood pressure come back down. The nurse came in to start my IV. Well since I was extremely dehydrated my veins were almost impossible to find. She tried poking me once in the hand and hit a valve or something and so she had to go get an IV specialist. Thanks to the first poke I now have a huge bruise on my right hand and it is extremely tender and hurts anytime I accidentally bump it against something...AWESOME.

So IV number two...apparently there was no valve problem there because she inserts the needle into my vein and blood starts pulsating everywhere. She is trying to put pressure on my hand to help stop the blood from gushing everywhere. She told me not to look if blood makes me queasy so what do I do...I look...of course! I see a pool of blood under my hand and all over my sheets, arm, leg...then I start to get lightheaded! Finally they got it under control and the IV started and proceeded to get me new sheets and cleaned up. My whole left hand and left leg was dyed red AWESOME AGAIN...I am seriously starting to doubt that the nursing schools spend enough time teaching people how to correctly insert IVs because everytime I get an IV something goes wrong...maybe its just me though!

The deal with me getting hydrated was that I had to stay hooked up to the IV until I could pee twice in a 2 hour period...believe me I tried to go to the bathroom but there was nothing to go!! 8 hours later I was cleared to go home...what a relief! I was given a prescription of Zofran (pure heaven) and sent home where I went to bed.

The Zofran has been helping alot but when I go to the doctors today I need to see if they can up my prescription because as soon as it starts wearing off I get nauseous and throw up. I can only take it twice a day and only once in an 8 hour period and after about 5 hours I am ready for another pill!! It has been nice though to be able to keep some food down...oh and when I was at the hospital I found out that I am back down to my pre-pregnancy weight...wohoo! Not exactly my kind of diet but I'll take it!

Tuesday

Not sure what happened this day...I spent it in and out of consciousness! (A big thank you goes out to Mom & Tiffany for taking care of Erika the past coule nights while Trent was at school you guys are lifesavers!)

Wednesday
Trent had his first big test!! He thinks he did pretty good...we will see next week! 3 weeks of school down...5 years to go!

So that's the update on our life right now. Just hanging out and waiting for Baby Sister to get here! Meanwhile I have a list a mile long of things I want to get done around the house before she gets here. I am sure I will get like maybe 2 things on the list done but hey if I can keep up with the laundry and dishes I am happy right now!!

I had this picture on my computer from our New Years Eve party...things just aren't the same when you get married and have kids. Erika and Trent both passed out on the floor around 6:30! Our party was just so exciting that they passed out from sheer exhaustion! Don't worry they both woke up later so we could ring in the new year together!


2 comments:

Tyson and Lauren Davies said...

Mad props for posting. I dont even get mad when you dont have a new post since you're so stinkin sick and I am sure you are super busy trying to get ready for the early stork! haha

Love the post. So sweet about your gradma and grandpa.

Mike and Lisa said...

Emily, I check your blog like 3 times a day to see if there is a new posting about your little baby. I hope you get through this ok! I can't believe all the drama with your pregnancy! Let me know if you need anything. I can't wait to see a posting about her being born! Good luck!