• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Temple Sealing

Oh man where has December gone? I can't believe Christmas is over! I guess its about time I updated my blog so here is where I will begin. On Saturday December 15th Trent, Erika and I were sealed together for eternity in the Provo Temple. Since we had family coming in from all over we received our endowments and were sealed all on Saturday morning. Its was kind of overwhelming but totally amazing! I look forward to being able to go back often so that I can catch more of what is going on! My head was spinning the entire time and I was a wreck I was crying so much (tears of joy mind you!)

Erika was awesome too! I had Trent's sister Tiffany drop her off at the temple and the temple worker assigned to her said that she walked right up to her and grabbed her hand. After they got her dressed and were waiting to bring her up she kept asking "Mommy Daddy now?" how sweet is that? Its like she knew exactly what was going on. When they brought her into the sealing room I lost it...she looked so beautiful and innocent dressed in white. She just stood there too with her hand on ours the whole time and just stared around the room!

After the sealing we took pictures out front and then we all headed down to Spanish Fork to Trent's aunt and uncles house for a luncheon. They have a big great room on the back of their house that is perfect for entertaining. I don't remember much from the day but I do remember how happy I felt and the peace I felt that night as I laid down to go to sleep. I am still adjusting to wearing garments but oh well!!

Here is a picture from that day. I have more but I just haven't had time to download them all onto the computer. Oh and don't mind my red eyes and lack of make-up! I cried it all off!!

I just want to say a big thank you to our parents and all the family and friends that came to be with us on our special day. We felt extremely grateful to have so many supportive people in the room with us. Also to all of you who brought food for the luncheon a big thank you to you too!

4 comments:

Stephanie Salmon said...

Emily!! We need to go back together! Let me know when you can. I'll even be the third wheel if Trent is coming...I'm used to that.

Lindsey said...

It was so sweet, thanks for letting us be a part of it :) Jake and I were laughing thinking of you two hopping into bed that night in your new sleepwear! I remember thinking I looked like my mom.

Hill said...

This may sound stupid but hearing about you having Erika in there made me a little sad that we got sealed before I had her. I know it is for good reason, but it is sad that that moment is the only time you will get to be in the celestial room as a family until she is grown up. I feel a little sad that I didn't get to see my baby all dressed in white in there. That is so exciting for you. You get used to the G's then you don't know how you lived without them.

Elmer Family said...

Sounds like it was a beautiful day. How cool to get to have Erika there to see her reaction. I agree with Hill-it's crazy how later you cannot see how you lived without the G's. Congrats!