• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Monday, June 25, 2007

She's A Big Girl Now!!!

So Erika was grunting and groaning as she usually does when she is going about her ehm..."business"...and Trent and I both looked at each other and both thought...let's start potty training! So I ripped her into the bathroom and sat her on the toliet. At first she kind of just death gripped onto my arms but after a couple seconds she held on herself and went #2 on the big girl potty!! Okay so I am sure this is grossing out some of you but we were so excited!

We have decided that we are going to start taking her into the bathroom when we can tell she is ready to go #2 so that she can start getting used to sitting on there. She looked so tiny sitting on the toliet all by herself but hey I am sick of buying diapers so its time to start! Plus she seems interested so now is as good a time to start as ever. We rushed out and bought her one of those cushion seats that fits on the big seat so she won't fall in! I am sure we are getting way too excited about this but what can we say...she's our first!

4 comments:

Megan Erickson said...

wow.. i just had this same experience last night! I put Dot in the tub and she started her grunts.. so I pulled her out and sat her on the toilet. It was her first time! She hated it.. ha! It will take a while though.. i think Emma was almost 3 before she really was interested in going on the potty! oh the joys of potty training! Have fun!

Morgan said...

yay for Erika! I can kind of relate, as I just got a puppy and I am having to potty train her, and I get so excited when she goes outside like she is supposed to.

Hill said...

if she's interested i'd jump right in full throttle. it's got to be a good feeling to be done with diapers. even if it's just til the next kid comes.

Elmer Family said...

Yea Erika! That is great that it is going good so far. I hope that she keeps going! I cannot wait to stop buying and changing diapers!