• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Monday, February 27, 2012

Pinterest

Pinterest is basically like an online pin board. Instead of writing down and bookmarking thousands of different websites for craft, cooking, home decor, etc ideas you just pin it on this one website and its all saved in one place...its genius...I just have one slight problem. I am GREAT at pinning....not so great at actually doing anything I pin!

So this last week I tried some recipes on there and they were all a success! The first one up was this one:


 (Image and recipe courtesy of http://www.canyoustayfordinner.com/2011/02/17/chicken-parmesan-wraps/)
I thought they were amazing and loved them. The best part about them were that I used wonton wrappers and made them smaller so they were like finger foods the girls liked them. The best part drum roll please...they had spinach in them and not one person picked out the spinach! Erika kept asking what the green stuff was and I just told her it was part of the wrapper and it was good...it's okay to lie to your children when it means you are getting them to eat vegetables...right?


Next up was this easy dessert...that I may or may not have made twice! Total success!


(Image and recipe courtesy of http://www.macaroniandcheesecake.com/2011/08/golden-graham-smore-bars.html)
I still need to tweak it some more because mine do NOT turn out like this! My chocolate chips and marshmallows melt all over the place. Oh well I am going to say mine taste better!

Last but not least we had these for dinner today. They were okay it was nice to spice it up from the normal beef taco and I really like that it was crispy so we might tweak this and try it again!


(Image and recipe courtesy of http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2009/09/crispy-southwest-chicken-wraps.html)

I still have some leftover wonton wrappers so I will probably be trying another recipe like the mini taco bites or southwestern egg rolls this week to finish those off!

1 comment:

Lawson Life said...

"I am GREAT at pinning....not so great at actually doing anything I pin!"

Ditto. But I love to pretend I'm going to make it all. Kudos to you for trying things!! I might try those chicken parmesan wraps, they look delicious!