• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

For the Love...

Hi...my name is Emily and I have been an addict for the past 5 months. What started out as a simple solution to a problem from my doctor has turned into a full blown addiction. I know the first step is admitting that I have a problem so here I am...admitting it to the blogging world. I am addicted to...

Please don't judge me or call me a Unisom addict. I have been told by a very reliable source that it is very unlikely that me (or my unborn child) will be unable to sleep on our own at the end of this pregnancy if I continue to take this every night...until the baby is born!

Now for a while there I was able to step away from the drugs for a couple nights in a row and then I gave in and took it again just one night when I wasn't feeling so hot already..and WHAM...the addictions back. If I don't take one of these little blue pills at night 3 things happen:

1. I toss and turn every 15 minutes like clockwork...or every time baby girl kicks me..unable to get comfortable or stay asleep

2. I feel nauseous all night long and into the next morning. I get that quesy feeling in my stomach like I could throw up at anytime but I am just too tired to get out of bed and actually do it.

3. When I wake up I feel completely un-refreshed...more like I feel like I just got ran over by a train..twice...I can't seem to function the rest of the day.

NOW...if I remember to take my little friend by no later than 9:30 I can expect the following:

1. A WONDERFUL nights rest! Waking up refreshed just before my alarm is about to go off and ready to get out of bed.

2. No sickness (or very little) during the night or the next morning.

3. Once I fall asleep I am out...until its almost 4 - 5 in the morning and then I only get up because I am sweating to death and need to kick off the covers and flip over!

Needless to say I should have bought stock in Unisom and Scope mouth wash as there is aways a steady supply at my house and will be for the next couple months!

So on a side note...welcome to winter! I went to the post office a couple minutes ago to drop off some packages for work and I went in and it was slightly raining outside and come out like 10 minutes later to a complete blizzard! I ran to my car and turned it on to hear the song "It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas.." Now I am excited for the holiday season but where did September and October go?

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Don't worry, I took those like crazy with my last 2 pregnancies, weird how it really does help with the nausea right? I am also wondering how in the world it is November already... Christmas will be over before I know it. Oh and I am glad you found something to help you feel better.

Josh and Michelle said...

Drugs are bad.

You need a tempur pedic mattress. I swear it made my sleeping while preg this last time about a million times better than the other 2 times. I love my mattress!

Tyra Swensen said...

I am glad i'm not the only one that loves those! I am actually getting ready to take mine!

Anonymous said...

Sorry you're so sick! It's funny though, how fast you forget once the little baby comes. When I was pregnant I told Todd NO MORE kids! Now that my cute baby is here, I want 10 more!

Elmer Family said...

I remember how much I loves those for the many of the months while I was pregnant with Annie. They do help!