• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Friday, July 17, 2015

Pregnancy Update

For every pregnancy I have done a blog post on comparing this pregnancy to the past ones. I love being able to go back and read about how every pregnancy has been really different! With this one being a little baby boy I thought things would be totally different - turns out my body still hates being pregnant no matter what the gender is!

I get the WORST charlie horses only in my right leg like every other night. My calf on my right leg is so tender and sore it hurts to touch it. I told my doctor about it and he told me to up my calcium intake but not by more than 1500mg because otherwise I will increase my odds of getting another kidney stone with the added calcium.

This little man likes to be in a position where all of the sudden the top of my stomach goes hard as a rock and then I get severe pain in my lower back. Doctor said he is just breach and so he is stretching out and kicking me in the back!

Love love love ICE cold milk - like sit in the freezer for 10 minutes to make it slushy - ice cold milk! The only other thing I really crave is ice cold water or even just a cup of pebble ice to munch on. Poor Trent goes to the gas station way to frequently to pick up a cup of ice water for me! In past pregnancies I always liked orange juice but any kind of fruit juice makes me sick to my stomach really quickly. I will think it sounds good and will drink a little cup of it and instantly regret it!

I constantly crave fresh fruit! Riley and I sat on the couch the other day and devoured a bag of green grapes and it was heavenly. Cut up strawberries and bananas are also at the top of my list! But seriously really any fruit will do that I can get my hands on!

I have thrown up everyday (well technically every night) from day one. It was worse during the first trimester and would be multiple times a day and now it is just at nights. About an hour or two after dinner I start to feel sick to my stomach and by the time I go to bed I have to throw up. If I don't throw up before I go to bed I toss and turn all night long until I do get up and throw up! It's seriously the worse part about this pregnancy. The only good thing about throwing up is that I have lost 17lbs since I found out I was pregnant so not really any weight gain for me this pregnancy!

I am always sweaty and hot. Trent installed a ceiling fan in our room for Mother's Day and it has been heavenly. I have the A/C set to crank up at night making the house an ice box otherwise I can't sleep. Most afternoons you will find me laying on the couch under the fan attempting to cool off! I bought a fan to sit on my desk at work too so I can have some cool air blowing on me constantly.

I am constantly brushing my teeth. I can't stand to have leftover taste in my mouth after eating and if I pop in a piece of gum I can only chew it for a minute or two before the minty taste makes me nauseous, and I can't do mints because they make me even sicker! If I brush my teeth though I am good to go. I keep a spare tube of toothpaste and toothbrush in my desk at work too!

GIVE ME A SMOOTHIE. Most days (let's be honest it's really everyday) all I want for breakfast, lunch, and dinner is a smoothie. My appetite is so small that seriously just drinking a smoothie fills me up. There is an Orange Julius a couple blocks away from my office and let's just say that the employees there probably have me and my order memorized - "1 Medium OrangeBerry Smoothie please!"


I am still wearing my normal pants, shorts, and skirts which is super nice. No maternity pants for me! I am sure once the baby drops and isn't breach anymore I will have to start wearing them but hey I made it 32 weeks without them so that is a thumbs up in my book!

I am so.very.tired all the time. I don't know what the deal is with this pregnancy but everyday no matter how much sleep I get I can barely keep my eyes open. Most afternoons I am taking a nap and usually am in bed by 10:30 at the latest but still can't survive. This baby is zapping all my energy from me!

No comments: